Sunday, January 24, 2010

Better Than a Monster Cookie?!?

By far my favorite cookie recipe has been Monster Cookies by Paula Deen. These cookies have everything good in them--chocolate, M&Ms and peanut butter. On top of that, they are chewy and the chewiness last for longer than the 1 hour after you bake them. It actually will last for days!

You can imagine my curiosity when a co-worker raised the possibility that a cookie exists that is better than a Monster Cookie.

THE CHALLENGER: Cowboy Cookies

Since I have never heard of Cowboy Cookies, once I got home I googled away and found Laura Bush's Cowboy Cookies. This cookie has chocolate, coconut, pecans, and lots of sugar. The ingredients had me game for the challenge.

I broke out my Kitchen Aid mixer and all the ingredients. Reading the recipe, I saw "In an 8-quart bowl". *gulp* What normal person has an 8-quart mixing bowl? My first thought was to half the recipe, but how do you measure 1 1/2 eggs? With a shrug, I figured my trusty Kitchen Aid would get me through the recipe.

It was a struggle, but it survived!

Here is the final product:

The cookies turned out beautiful. They are tasty and crunchy with a nice blend of flavors.

Honestly, I am not sure they out class the Monster Cookie, but we'll see what the peanut gallery says. Stay tuned for the results...

No comments:

Post a Comment